To clarify, by “clean financing” I don’t mean cash or waiving contingencies. I mean providing the available financing proof, avoiding unnecessary demands and offering flexibility on timing. I’m also unsure whether a firm response deadline helps demonstrate seriousness or just creates friction.
I can open 4% below the $745,000 asking price and risk the seller dismissing it, or offer nearer the list price without solid evidence that the studio supports that value. Neither feels comfortable. It has been on the Austin market for 79 days, requires updating, and the available nearby...
I disagree slightly with choosing a contingency percentage first. A large reserve does not make a vague scope safe; it can just hide weak pricing. Ask for a condition visit focused on where walls or floors will be opened, then see whether limited exploratory openings are sensible. The resulting...
Keep the inspection budget separate from the cash needed after closing. Moving, utility setup, the first mortgage payment, an insurance deductible and small immediate repairs can arrive together. Furniture is the easiest thing to delay. If the report identifies a defect, ask the builder in...
Were the duplicates identical addresses and photos, or did they only look like the same villa because the map pins were close? That distinction matters. The first suggests repeated inventory; the second could mean the location data itself is too approximate for comparison.
That division is exactly where I’m getting stuck. If the coordinator notices a missing building document but only the attorney can advise on it, who is expected to chase it and warn me about the deadline? I also haven’t narrowed the apartment type to a condo or co-op yet. Would that materially...
I’m trying to decide what level of conveyancing support is actually worth paying for when buying a New York apartment around $390,000. The services I’ve seen use the same label for very different scopes: some mention negotiation and document coordination, while others seem to provide little...
Before arranging anything, could you clarify whether it is offered furnished or unfurnished and which utilities, if any, are included in the $4,901? I’d also want to know the proposed deposit and how utility billing is handled. Those details make a substantial difference to the total monthly cost.
Don’t leave capital gains and inheritance planning until the eventual sale. Ask now what records should be retained for the purchase price, closing costs and later improvements, and how the mixed-use portions should be tracked. The relevant treatment will depend on ownership, use and residency...
Neighbourhood grouping may be doing more damage to the sample than it seems. A broad Vancouver label is useful for searching but weak for comparing duplexes; crossing a neighbourhood boundary can change the buyer pool even when the map distance is small.
I’d make smaller groups, then tag...
My main difficulty is choosing the comparison period. Two years makes the quote look attractive, but a longer horizon requires assumptions about the reset rate, refinancing costs and whether I would qualify again. I am leaning toward comparing both a 24-month case and a no-refinance case. Is...
3.98% only lasts for two years, which is the part making this $305,000 New York purchase difficult to assess. The quote looks manageable over 24 months, but I am not comfortable treating a future refinance as the plan.
A broker expects refinancing to be possible. The counterexample I keep...
I’d protect the emergency fund first, then reserve known moving costs and the first mortgage payment. Repairs identified by the inspection come before furniture; furnishing can happen room by room. At this purchase price, C$37,800 does not leave much room for an expensive surprise, so buying...
A simple way to test it is to create four pots now: closing spillover and first payment; moving and setup; urgent property work plus insurance excess; untouched emergency cash. Put a zero beside furniture except for essentials. Then run a pessimistic version using the inspection findings and any...
The seller’s motivation will shape the response. Someone prioritizing certainty may prefer a modest, documented credit over returning to the market, but another seller may refuse on principle after accepting an as-is offer. I’d make one clean proposal with a short explanation, not a series of...