I agree about prioritising, but I wouldn’t assume the report is merely written dramatically. A basically sound property can still have one expensive water, structural or electrical issue hidden among twenty minor comments. Ask for a short verbal explanation of the serious findings and obtain...
A few missing facts will change the useful questions. Is the unit vacant or leased? Is it part of a co-owned building? Will the buyer be an individual or a company, and where is that buyer tax-resident? Without those answers, comparing closing-cost estimates could be misleading.
Yes, but broad area can hide a lot. For serviced apartments, immediate surroundings and building characteristics may matter more than a citywide average. Any comparison should allow notes rather than forcing every property into a neat numerical table.
Condition deserves emphasis. A lower completed price can look attractive until renovation, furnishing and time out of operation are included. I would keep acquisition costs and post-purchase works in separate columns so assumptions remain visible.
The adviser’s concern was mainly that I was treating the warehouse as the low-maintenance option without enough information about the wider building and future resale. It is the 75 m² warehouse that interests me, but I still need clarity on whether major exterior items are shared and how costs...
I have compared the obvious running costs, but I still do not understand what our adviser considered potentially problematic. The choice is between a 75 m² warehouse and a similarly priced townhouse in Marrakech.
At first glance the warehouse has fewer routine maintenance demands. That...
A single all-in number would be convenient, but another buyer’s total may not transfer to this purchase. Nationality, tax residence, financing and buying personally rather than through a different ownership structure can each affect the result.
The capital-gains point especially needs...
Is this a villa or a unit within a managed building, and will it be occupied during the work? Those details affect access, working sequence and approval timing. I’d also want to know the property’s age, whether there are existing moisture marks, and whether plumbing routes can be inspected...
Part of me thinks MAD 227,700 is a reasonable post-closing cushion; another part says that committing to a cheaper home would make the first year far less tense. Completion on the four-bedroom Marrakech condo is 13 days away, and the purchase price is about MAD 7,227,000.
That balance is what...
I’d be careful about justifying the full 8% through updating costs. The seller may view those as already reflected in the asking price, especially if comparable asking prices are close. Offer the number you can defend, but don’t combine a large discount with demands for credits for every known...
I keep hearing that I should wait for prices to fall, but during my search both rent and borrowing costs have moved as well. I have now found a suitable studio in Marrakech that I can afford, although it does not look cheap by historical standards. The figure I am weighing is roughly MAD...