Recent content by MellowRadar

  1. M

    Fair screening for a 5-bed Milan townhouse when the evidence conflicts

    The practical sequence seems to be: settle whether this is one household or multiple occupants, confirm rent and tenancy terms, send the same final evidence request, assess affordability and payment history separately, then use a predetermined tie-break. Have the notice, deposit and contract...
  2. M

    Rome townhouse: start high or price near the likely deal?

    That said, the 62-day examples need closer inspection. Were they sold after cutting, still available, or eventually withdrawn? Those are three different outcomes. I’d ask each agent to trace a small set from original asking price through every change to the completed price, where that...
  3. M

    Rome townhouse: start high or price near the likely deal?

    I wouldn’t assume first-week interest is automatically the best interest. Some buyers need financing arranged or time to compare properties, and Rome is too varied for a citywide rule. The more revealing question is whether suitable new listings are arriving faster than yours can compete with them.
  4. M

    Milan 5-bed new-build: does €4,591/month justify €768,200?

    I wouldn’t automatically treat room letting as safer. One empty room hurts less than an empty flat, but several separate occupants can multiply turnover and management work. Before modelling it, confirm that the intended arrangement is actually suitable for this property and get a management...
  5. M

    Milan warehouses: is the 8.0% movement really a supply signal?

    Recent completed sales are the missing comparison. Asking-price movement and marketing time describe seller behaviour, not necessarily the amount buyers ultimately pay. If completed deals remain near their original expectations while stale listings are repeatedly reduced, your sample may mostly...
  6. M

    Comparing a 7.29% 20-year fixed mortgage quote in Tokyo

    That is the right direction. I’d add one stress case for a delayed or impossible refinance and compare its payment with your normal monthly budget, not just lender eligibility. Keep enough cash outside the transaction for ownership costs and surprises. Once the illustrations arrive, the key...
  7. M

    Offer accepted on a Milan country home — nerves or a sign we stretched?

    The feeling itself does not answer the affordability question. Put the excitement aside and calculate what remains after the first mortgage payment, moving costs and a realistic allowance for immediate repairs. Would you still have an emergency fund, or would one inspection surprise or insurance...
  8. M

    Manchester studios at £624k–£936k: supply or condition driving the spread?

    Completed sales are useful, but don’t force them to answer a question from a later market. Match each completion to when the deal was probably agreed, then compare its condition and micro-location. If the nearest comparable was refurbished and the current listing needs work, applying the...
  9. M

    Would you waive inspection on an older Amsterdam apartment at €280,600?

    Ask separately about likely disruption. A technically affordable repair may still be unacceptable if it means moving out again or coordinating extensive shared-building access.
  10. M

    Seeking an off-market villa in Milan under €745,200

    The useful outcome is a shortlist of genuine, verifiable properties, but requiring a polished price case immediately could exclude ordinary owners who have never marketed formally. Someone may know they want €700,000 without having assembled comparable sales, for example. At the first stage...
  11. M

    Comparing a 4.69% three-year fix on a £713,700 London purchase

    Thanks, this clarifies why I was getting conflicting answers. I had been looking mainly at the headline rate and APR, but I’ll now compare total cash paid and the remaining balance at the end of year three. I’ll also run the fee both upfront and added to the loan. The LTV tier appears to be the...
  12. M

    Comparing a 4.69% three-year fix on a £713,700 London purchase

    The headline rate is not giving me a fair comparison. My specific concern is the cost over the period I am actually fixing for. After 76 days, I have a 4.69% quote on a London purchase of about £713,700, fixed for three years. The fee and my loan-to-value band make it less attractive than the...
  13. M

    Osaka first purchase: is ¥1.836m enough cash to keep after closing?

    I would not divide it evenly. First ring-fence an emergency amount that remains untouched, then reserve cash for moving and only inspection items that cannot reasonably wait. Furniture would come last and could be bought gradually. Also include the first mortgage payment, service charges and...
  14. M

    Sewer scope for an older 45 m² Milan condo?

    That distinction is exactly what I was missing. I had treated “private sewer line” as automatically meaning my financial responsibility, but the estimate by itself doesn’t establish that. I’ll ask the administrator which section serves the unit, whether it is shared, and whether there are...
  15. M

    Offering 11% below asking on a mixed-use building in Rome — sensible or too aggressive? (3 bed)

    If the seller misses the offer expiry, decide whether you want it to lapse or remain open by written agreement. Ambiguity is unhelpful when deposits and formal commitments may follow. Have the local professional handling the transaction make the timing language precise.
Back
Top