I agree with doing the scope, but not with treating every imperfection as evidence that full replacement is imminent. Older pipes can produce findings that need context rather than an automatic worst-case response.
If anything appears, ask for the location, severity and possible repair options...
The neighbourhood boundaries may be doing more work than the city average. Two apartments described under the same broad area can appeal to different buyers because of their immediate surroundings and building quality. I’d draw tight boundaries around the actual streets or buildings you would...
One missing detail: are you looking at owner-occupied buildings with extra units, or fully rented properties? That changes which discussions will help most. Existing leases and management may dominate the latter, while financing and renovation plans could matter more for the former.
I’d also...
Welcome. I’d start on the local board and ask how each contributor defines a “completed price.” Listing history is useful, but it is not the same thing as a recorded closing, and comparisons become shaky if the data covers different dates or property conditions.
For a first purchase, build your...