Recent content by kite.fresh

  1. K

    140 m² serviced apartment or townhouse in Hong Kong?

    I’m choosing between a 140 m² serviced apartment and a similarly priced townhouse in Hong Kong. The apartment appears easier to maintain, while the townhouse offers more control but potentially larger irregular bills. I’m comparing rental regulation, insurance, energy use, tenant demand and...
  2. K

    Lima mixed-use at PEN 1,631,000: can the cash flow work at 7.43% finance?

    First separate the property from the financing. Calculate net operating income before debt, then compare that with the annual loan payments. If the building produces an acceptable unlevered return but fails after financing at 7.43%, the choices really are more equity, a lower price or different...
  3. K

    Hong Kong’s October 2025 inventory shift: selectivity or seasonal noise?

    One practical addition to my earlier point: preserve each week’s listing details rather than relying on the latest version. If an asking price is reduced, the revision history changes the apparent discount. Then compare completed deals within the same neighbourhood and property type, and note...
  4. K

    Hong Kong villas: does 97 days on market create room to negotiate fees?

    I partly disagree that seller motivation matters more than time listed. Ninety-seven days can be useful, but only if you know the listing has genuinely remained available. Withdrawn and relisted stock can hide the real marketing period. Completed sales are still the better comparison. Even a...
  5. K

    Any legitimate member discount for valuation tools in India?

    A cheaper renewal with weak coverage is uncomfortable, but paying more for responsive support is also hard to justify if the underlying data still needs correction. The seat limits and export restrictions mentioned above make a simple price comparison even less useful. I would run the same...
  6. K

    How much contingency for a HK$1.674m renovation of a 100 m² Hong Kong apartment?

    What counts as the moderate energy upgrade? Lighting changes, air-conditioning work and appliance-related electrical changes have different dependencies. Define the intended measures now, even if product choices come later, so ceilings and wiring are not completed before the necessary routes are...
  7. K

    Hong Kong’s October 2025 inventory shift: selectivity or seasonal noise?

    I’m not convinced condition alone explains it. October 2025 could reflect policy timing, buyers returning after a quiet period, or sellers adjusting expectations. Homes needing work also vary hugely in the uncertainty involved, so grouping them together may exaggerate the contrast. I’d want...
  8. K

    Made it to closing in Los Angeles — lessons learned

    After several rejected offers and a longer document process than expected, I finally completed the purchase of a property in Los Angeles. Two lessons stand out. First, cash needed after closing is not spare cash: vacancy, repairs, moving coordination and unexpected fees can arrive together...
  9. K

    Are Hong Kong buyers negotiating more after 35 days on market?

    I’m tracking detached homes in Hong Kong asking roughly HK$4,774,000–HK$7,160,000. Around 35 days on market seems common, but the market feels split: homes with a clear answer on property tax move differently from those with unresolved questions. Does 35 days now give buyers meaningful...
Back
Top