Recent content by IsaElm

  1. I

    Hello from Abu Dhabi — buyer focused on townhouses

    The missing detail is what the townhouse is meant to do for you. Will it be your home or an investment, and are you considering completed properties, off-plan purchases, or both? Also decide whether financing is likely. Those answers change which discussions on mortgages, management and...
  2. I

    Domain for a Dubai duplex: useful history, unclear listing freshness

    One practical addition to your comparison sheet: include the sold-record link rather than only copying the price. If an advert changes or disappears, you will still know which historical record informed your comparison. Also note whether a saved-search alert represents a genuinely new property...
  3. I

    Domain for a Dubai duplex: useful history, unclear listing freshness

    Sold-price history is only as useful as the property match. My concern is that a nearby record may look comparable on Domain while referring to a different duplex or even an uncertain map location. The separate tracking sheet sounds like the right compromise: keep the sold-record link...
  4. I

    Johannesburg first-time buyer: is ZAR 163,800 enough cash after closing?

    The missing number is your normal monthly spending after purchase. ZAR 163,800 could be comfortable for one buyer and thin for another depending on the mortgage, service charges and other commitments. Does your estimate already cover the first mortgage payment, move-in costs and the first...
  5. I

    Increase rent or retain a reliable Abu Dhabi tenant?

    I would prefer to retain the dependable tenant, but the difference between AED 17,520 and AED 21,490 is too large to leave unexamined. First establish whether those other apartments truly match on location, condition and contract terms, rather than relying on advertised figures alone. If the...
  6. I

    Dubai newcomer comparing detached-home asking and completed prices

    Detached-home asking figures are easy to find; reliable comparisons with completed prices are my concern. I am a seller in Dubai and have also been reading about transaction costs, legal checks and the methods people use to assess property in different markets. My immediate interest is a...
Back
Top