Put the two proposals side by side and remove the valuation number initially. Compare the actual evidence, likely buyer group, suggested timing and what each agent proposes if interest is weak. The stronger plan may become obvious once the flattering figure is hidden.
The practical answer seems to be: narrow the geography, compare within the same buildings, and follow the listings beyond day 13. Then verify apparent sales against completed transactions where available and mark withdrawals separately. If fast movers share condition, realistic pricing or easier...
One approach is to reserve heavily before any work starts. The other is to investigate first and keep more cash out of the project. For a first renovation, I can see the logic in both.
The Melbourne apartment is 125 m² and was purchased for A$676,400. I have a preliminary A$197,000 allowance...
I’d treat appreciation as upside, not the number that rescues the deal. The A$646 is only meaningful if your model already includes realistic vacancy, management, maintenance, insurance and property tax costs. I’d also rerun it with weaker rent and more expensive financing. If that downside is...
Before choosing a dataset, what does “villa” mean in each market you’re comparing? Detached suburban property, holiday home and managed development can have very different cost structures even when portals use the same label. I’d also decide whether your model assumes personal use, long-term...
Start by asking for two separate schedules: cash required through settlement, and costs arising after ownership begins. Otherwise annual charges get mixed into the closing figure. Also ask what due diligence is outside the legal-fee quote and whether the quoted price has any tax treatment that...
I need to decide before arranging the next contractor visit whether to keep treating these as separate jobs or inspect the apartment more broadly. My Melbourne tenant has reported several small issues over recent months. The requests seem credible and payments have been reliable, but repeated...