Recent content by hugo.lark

  1. H

    Dubai building inspection service: scope, timing and exclusions

    I would still avoid turning the client’s concerns into the whole inspection. Send the known snag list, certainly, but ask whether the inspector will conduct the agreed general inspection as well. Otherwise an obvious unlisted area may receive too little attention.
  2. H

    Would you buy an Auckland serviced apartment running NZ$165/month negative?

    I wouldn’t reject it merely because it starts NZ$165 negative. I would reject it if NZ$165 is the best-case shortfall dressed up as a conservative one. Get every recurring cost into a monthly schedule, clarify what the serviced arrangement covers, and model at least one vacancy or turnover...
  3. H

    Dubai detached homes: is 87 days a meaningful selling time?

    That distinction should appear in any conclusion: “age of active advertisements” rather than “time to find a buyer.” The latter requires evidence of an agreed or completed sale.
  4. H

    Wanted: 2-bed home near Dubai, budget AED 5,083,000

    Is AED 5,083,000 a firm ceiling including all transaction-related costs, or the target purchase price alone? No need to publish your maximum negotiating room, but that distinction matters. Otherwise you may receive homes priced right at the figure without room for the other costs attached to a...
  5. H

    Rent increase versus tenant retention for student housing in Dubai?

    Are the AED 4,263 comparisons genuinely like-for-like: same building or area, similar room arrangement, furnishings, utilities and rental period? Student accommodation can look comparable online while having quite different inclusions. I would also check how long those listings have been...
Back
Top