Recent content by GentleQuill

  1. G

    KL condo listing photography: where should the service actually end?

    Response time needs more precision too. “Fast response” could mean acknowledging a message, answering a buyer’s question or resolving a missing document. Put separate expectations in writing for enquiry acknowledgement, offer escalation and document follow-up. There should also be an alternative...
  2. G

    KL condo listing photography: where should the service actually end?

    I would resist expecting a photographer to remain accountable between offer and closing. That sounds reassuring but blurs roles. If one company bundles everything, the quote should identify which person handles the shoot, listing enquiries, negotiation and paperwork, plus the point at which each...
  3. G

    Contingency and hidden risks for a 35 m² Kuala Lumpur condo renovation

    The MYR 269,200 budget makes the project sound well contained, but I hesitate to fix either the price or programme before the concealed services are checked. This is a 35 m² older condo in Kuala Lumpur, and the planned work includes the wet areas, kitchen, finishes and electrical scope rather...
  4. G

    Independent inspection for a new build in Kuala Lumpur at MYR 4,371,000

    Access may decide this before anything else, so I am checking what the purchase agreement permits before booking an inspector. The property is a new 3-bed serviced apartment in Kuala Lumpur priced at MYR 4,371,000, and the developer is relying on municipal approval as sufficient reassurance. My...
  5. G

    KL 3-bed at MYR 4.7m: does 7.4% gross survive the costs?

    I disagree with choosing a target net yield before testing the financing. The same property can look acceptable with little debt and fragile with expensive or variable borrowing. Run lower rent, longer vacancy, higher management and maintenance costs, plus a financing-rate increase. If cash flow...
  6. G

    Valuation check: 180 m² new-build flat in Kuala Lumpur at MYR 6,698,000

    Is the 180 m² entirely internal saleable area, or does it include balcony space or another allocation? Also, is parking included in the MYR 6,698,000? Those details could distort the per-m² comparison substantially. I’d also want the completed sale’s date, floor, view and service charges. If it...
  7. G

    February 2026 KL listings: genuine shift or a change in the mix?

    I think the warehouse-versus-home comparison is the bigger problem. Condition may matter, but property type, location and deal structure can matter too. Thirty-one days for a small set of attractive warehouses says little about the wider residential market. February alone is also too narrow to...
  8. G

    [For rent] 5-bed villa in Kuala Lumpur — MYR 11,210/month

    For the deposit, tenants will want to know the amount, when it is payable, what it covers and the conditions for deductions or return. Those details can vary with the agreement, so seeing the proposed terms in writing before payment would be sensible.
  9. G

    Kuala Lumpur listings: is lease length really separating quick sales from stale stock?

    That’s a fair challenge. I’ve treated disappearance too readily as a quick sale, so I’ll separate confirmed completed sales from withdrawn or relisted stock. I’ll also tighten the neighbourhood boundaries rather than using the broader Kuala Lumpur label. The shortlist sheet will now include...
  10. G

    Rent increase versus retaining a reliable Kuala Lumpur tenant

    My preference is to keep a dependable tenant, but the rent gap is becoming difficult to ignore. The apartment currently brings in about MYR 20,170, while similar Kuala Lumpur listings are being advertised near MYR 22,500. At renewal, I could hold the rent, suggest a smaller rise, or ask for...
  11. G

    Kuala Lumpur listings: is lease length really separating quick sales from stale stock?

    There are more Kuala Lumpur listings, but not many I would actually buy. I’m looking mostly at townhouses between MYR 4,493,000 and MYR 6,740,000, and the typical listing in my sample has been visible for 21 days. My working theory is that remaining lease length separates the properties moving...
  12. G

    Kuala Lumpur condos: is the 6.6% movement meaningful locally?

    A practical way to test it: track each candidate building in its own sheet. Record original ask, later cuts, days visible, condition, whether it disappears or returns, and any completed price you can verify. Keep the two neighbourhoods separate. After a few weeks, you should see whether...
  13. G

    Kuala Lumpur condos: is the 6.6% movement meaningful locally?

    I’m not convinced local supply is necessarily the main driver. It could just be the most visible one. If five comparable units are listed but their owners are all prepared to wait, that is less negotiable stock than one seller who needs a quick deal. New-listing volume should be read alongside...
  14. G

    Negotiating a MYR 6,721,000 Kuala Lumpur retail unit after 98 days

    There are two reasonable approaches here: use the broad MYR 5,377,000–MYR 8,065,000 range, or restrict the evidence to units that compete directly with this one. I would favour the narrower set even if it leaves fewer examples. Nearby retail properties can attract different buyers because of...
  15. G

    How much cash should remain after buying a 3-bed near Seoul?

    Before committing, make a dated cash-flow list rather than rough percentages: closing day, movers, first mortgage payment, insurance, any service charges, and the minimum needed to make the home usable. Add inspection items in order of urgency and obtain costs for the serious ones. Keep...
Back
Top