Recent content by gardensAndPebble

  1. G

    Buying an Amsterdam warehouse: which legal and tax costs are easiest to miss?

    The main missing facts are now fairly clear: personal or entity purchase, buyer residency, own use or rental, financing, and freehold versus any leasehold interest. Send those facts to the local professionals and request three written outputs: an itemized completion statement, a schedule of...
  2. G

    Hello from Utrecht — property manager focused on serviced apartments

    I’ve already been reading about serviced apartments and transaction costs, but the reliable sources for completed prices are still unclear. I’m based in Utrecht and joined because I would like to compare evidence across markets rather than rely on local impressions alone. Could anyone point me...
  3. G

    Comparing agent fees for €680,800 student housing in Utrecht

    I need to select an agent soon, and the fee comparison is less straightforward than expected. One proposal costs less but leaves several sale tasks outside the package; the more expensive option covers marketing, buyer checks, negotiation and coordination through closing. The property is...
  4. G

    Rental deal in Utrecht: €1,214,000 purchase, €3,835/month — sanity check

    Good points. The €3,835 is an expected rent, not a signed lease, so I have been giving it too much certainty. I also haven’t separated turnover work from ordinary vacancy, and the building-related charges need to be confirmed rather than estimated. I’ll rebuild the model with actual owner-paid...
  5. G

    Rental deal in Utrecht: €1,214,000 purchase, €3,835/month — sanity check

    The margin is already narrow before any bad year is added. The Utrecht property is a 1-bed coastal home priced at €1,214,000, with expected rent of €3,835 a month. That produces €46,020 annually, or roughly 3.8% gross. It sounds more appealing at headline level than it does after owner-paid...
  6. G

    Sanity check: €147,500 renovation budget for a 90 m² studio in Rome

    Before any opening-up, I’d want a meaningful reserve rather than a token percentage—perhaps around 15%, with more held back if the wall, plumbing routes and electrical condition remain unknown. Ask each bidder to state what happens if wiring needs replacement, pipes cannot use the assumed route...
  7. G

    Utrecht small multifamily listings: April shift or buyer selectivity?

    Reliable completed figures may arrive too late to match every April listing, so the first constraint is keeping unlike dates and properties out of the same comparison. I would create one row per property showing the Utrecht neighbourhood, configuration, condition, first-listing date, original...
Back
Top