Recent content by gardensAndHearth

  1. G

    Comparing a 4.57% one-year fixed mortgage in Dublin

    I wouldn’t dismiss APR quite as quickly as mila does. A 12-month comparison can make a one-year fix look neat while quietly assuming that refinancing will be cheap and available next year. APR has limitations, especially where the later rate is based on assumptions, but it can expose a poor...
  2. G

    Dublin listings: why are similar asking prices producing different timelines?

    That price range is probably too wide to read as one market. Two detached homes can have similar asking prices but very different renovation needs, exact locations and buyer pools. I’d separate the sample by neighbourhood and condition first, then compare price-cut timing. A listing visible for...
  3. G

    Does 35 days on market give Dublin warehouse buyers room to negotiate?

    Completed sales are useful, but compare like with like: approximate area, condition, exact locality and sale timing. Keep withdrawn stock in a separate column. A withdrawn listing is evidence that the asking price did not produce a completed public sale, not evidence that the seller would have...
  4. G

    How do I compare three Dublin agents when their fees cover different work?

    One caveat to the cost-table approach: two photography packages can look equivalent on paper but produce very different presentations, especially for a coastal property where exterior conditions matter. I would ask to see recent comparable listings and learn who chooses the images and...
  5. G

    How do I compare three Dublin agents when their fees cover different work?

    Are you dealing with the person who valued the home, or will the file move to someone else after instruction? Get the named contact for viewings, negotiations and the period after agreement. Also ask what response time they commit to when you or a buyer calls. “Available” can mean very different...
Back
Top