Recent content by EvenVale

  1. E

    Rent increase versus retaining a reliable tenant in a Stockholm duplex

    I’d make the repeatable process a short worksheet: applicable tenancy framework; genuinely comparable properties; payment record; documented maintenance or damage; expected vacancy period; reletting/refurbishment cost; and three scenarios—no change, modest change, larger change. Keep deposit...
  2. E

    Rent increase versus retaining a reliable tenant in a Stockholm duplex

    What is behind the SEK 20,350 comparison—similar homes with the same size, condition, furnishing and location, or a broader portal search? Also, is this an owner-occupied duplex arrangement or a different form of letting? Those missing facts matter before anyone can sensibly discuss the...
  3. E

    Stockholm snapshot — is the 4.4% movement meaningful?

    I wouldn’t treat 4.4% as meaningful until you compare recent completed sales rather than asking prices. The 83 days could also reflect stale or withdrawn stock being relisted. Rental restrictions may remove some buyers, but they aren’t necessarily something a seller can change through...
  4. E

    Stockholm new-build flats: is 31 days a useful signal?

    The 31-day figure surprised me. I expected new-build flats in Stockholm priced from SEK 6,531,000 to SEK 9,797,000 either to move quickly or sit for much longer, rather than cluster around a month. I am wondering whether that supports waiting before making an offer, but active listings may be...
  5. E

    Reality check: insurance and building reserves changed the apartment maths

    I would not automatically capitalise every current increase forever. New-build budgets can be revised once actual energy use, maintenance needs and insurance costs become clearer. Some adjustments may therefore be front-loaded. That said, Giulia should not pay today for a hoped-for reduction...
  6. E

    Stockholm new-build flats: is the 2.0% movement meaningful?

    Waiting for a cleaner set of comparables risks losing a scarce layout, while bidding with weak evidence risks paying for urgency. Exact matches are often limited in a new development, so I would not make perfect data a requirement. If several similar units remain available and the seller has...
  7. E

    Stockholm new-build flats: is the 2.0% movement meaningful?

    If bidding now, I would base the offer on the closest completed sales and state a clear expiry rather than mechanically subtracting 2.0%. The seller’s response—or refusal to engage—provides information without assuming the citywide figure applies to that unit.
  8. E

    Stockholm new-build flats: is the 2.0% movement meaningful?

    Buyer financing could produce an uneven spread even when headline demand looks stable. A flat can attract interest but still sit if likely buyers cannot make the numbers work. Asking agents whether earlier deals failed to complete may be more revealing than days online.
  9. E

    Chicago buyer looking for a sensible starting point on detached homes

    What decision are you trying to make first: neighbourhood, budget, or whether a detached home is preferable to another property type? That changes what data matters. Also, are you looking for a home to occupy, an investment, or something that may serve both purposes later? Property-management...
  10. E

    Small forum idea: a commute-time filter — feedback welcome

    I’m not convinced this belongs in the posting form at all. Commute estimates change by starting point, connections and regional travel patterns, while moderators would inherit disputes over inconsistent entries. A lightweight naming convention in thread text may be less elegant but easier to...
  11. E

    Would you accept SEK 2,600 monthly negative cash flow on a villa near Stockholm?

    I’m considering a 3-bed villa near Stockholm at roughly SEK 7,436,000. Using a conservative rent of SEK 51,810 and allowing for reserves, it comes out around SEK 2,600 per month cash-flow negative. I can comfortably cover that, but the return seems dependent on rent growth or appreciation...
Back
Top