If I misjudge the cash reserve, a manageable repair could leave me stretched immediately after closing. The property is a 4-bed villa in San Francisco priced at about $405,000, and my estimate leaves $38,000 once the deposit and closing expenses are paid.
I have not yet seen the final...
I’m choosing between a 2,100 sq ft retail unit and a similarly priced warehouse in San Francisco. The retail unit appears simpler to maintain, particularly if the building handles some exterior or common-area work. The warehouse offers more control, but I’m concerned about larger, irregular...
That distinction helps. I was treating “control” as entirely positive and not pricing the time needed to exercise it. I’ll separate the analysis into unit-level costs, shared-building obligations and whole-building capital work, then stress-test a major repair and a vacancy in the same year. I...
I’ve spent 19 days comparing a 480 sq ft studio with a similarly priced small multifamily in San Francisco. The studio appears easier to maintain, while the multifamily offers more control but concentrates the risk of major, irregular repairs.
I’m modelling vacancy, insurance, energy use...