I need to choose between the Hong Kong agent proposals soon, but the fee comparison is less straightforward than it first appeared. The villa is expected to sell for about HK$1,911,000. One proposal is cheaper but leaves some transaction work outside the quoted scope; another covers a wider...
A workable middle course is to offer the 8% below with financing evidence, the seller’s preferred completion window if feasible, and a clear but not artificially tight response deadline. Limit conditions to financing/appraisal, inspection, and understanding any binding service arrangements...
You have already noticed that condition is making the averages noisy, but it is still unclear whether the villas belong in one location group. Nearby Hong Kong areas can draw different buyers, so combining them may distort both the 3.6% decline and the median 97-day marketing period.
I would...
Using the full 15 years gives you a useful downside case, although I would hesitate to make it the only basis for the decision. Start with the period you currently expect to own the property, adding the setup charges and scheduled payments. Then model what happens if you leave at that point...