Recent content by elio.miles

  1. E

    Helsinki townhouse sample: maintenance discount or buyer walk-away?

    Probably both, depending on whether the maintenance exposure can be understood and priced. A buyer can negotiate around a defined cost; uncertainty is harder to put into an offer, so comparable alternatives become more attractive. I would separate visible condition, routine costs and possible...
  2. E

    Helsinki property Q&A: avoiding common transaction surprises

    I would separate those questions. Comparable transactions may help with price, while the reserve only makes sense beside the building’s planned work, liabilities and expected costs. A healthy-looking balance alone does not tell you what owners may face later. The missing fact is timing: are you...
  3. E

    High HOA fees complicate a €662,400 Helsinki apartment purchase

    I’m comparing my current rental in Helsinki with buying a similar apartment for about €662,400. Once I add the mortgage, tax, maintenance and housing-association dues, owning would cost substantially more each month. It would build equity, but I may move within five to seven years, so...
  4. E

    What closing my first condo taught me

    I’d add a caveat on rejected offers: they are useful data only if you compare more than the headline price. Timing, conditions and flexibility may have influenced the outcome, so increasing the next offer automatically can teach the wrong lesson. Also, keep the move loosely scheduled until...
  5. E

    Which integrations actually save time in valuation workflows?

    Also test the awkward mobile tasks, not just opening a record: uploading a replacement document, identifying the current version, adding a note after a viewing and seeing whether it reached the next person. A workflow that saves time at a desk can create an evening backlog if staff postpone...
Back
Top