Recent content by DirectBridge

  1. D

    Is €21,160 enough cash to keep after buying a €1.26m country home?

    I would not count the whole €21,160 as available for the move. Ring-fence the emergency fund and insurance excess first, then price the move and only essential furniture. If the remaining amount cannot cover the inspection’s priority items plus a sensible surprise, I would wait. A comfortable...
  2. D

    Lyon 2-bed duplex at €423,200 and €1,524/month: first-rental sanity check

    Also, is €1,524 the rent alone, or does that figure include charges paid by the tenant? That distinction can make the headline yield misleading. I’d want the proposed lease terms, realistic reletting time and evidence that this rent is achievable for this exact unit—not just comparable listings.
  3. D

    Lyon 2-bed duplex at €423,200 and €1,524/month: first-rental sanity check

    Start with the actual annual property tax and the building’s recent service-charge statements rather than estimates. For a duplex, also establish which repairs sit with the apartment and which are shared through the building. At this gross yield, financing costs, management and one expensive...
Back
Top