Recent content by CommonWire

  1. C

    San Francisco duplex at $825,000 and $4,079 rent — does the yield survive expenses?

    Start with property tax and an actual insurance quote, not broad percentages copied from another market. Then separate operating expenses from the mortgage: net operating yield tells you about the property, while cash flow after debt tells you whether the financing works. At this gross yield...
  2. C

    How much of a $41,000 post-closing buffer should I keep untouched?

    What are the monthly service charges, and does the estimate include any one-off new-build charges? Those could change the comfort level more than the number of bedrooms. I’d also ask the inspector to separate urgent defects from monitoring notes and cosmetic snagging. A long report is not...
  3. C

    Kuala Lumpur 2-bed at MYR 1.48m: does MYR 6,029 rent leave enough margin?

    What exactly comes with the MYR 6,029 rent expectation—furniture, appliances, parking or other items the owner must replace? That missing detail could materially affect both achievable rent and turnover costs. I would also separate property tax, insurance and building charges from the repair...
Back
Top