Recent content by CommonThread

  1. C

    How much cash should remain after closing on a Montreal country home?

    I would protect the emergency fund first and postpone most furniture. Before deciding, subtract the first mortgage payment, confirmed moving costs and anything the inspection says cannot wait. Also check whether your closing estimate includes every charge you already know about. How old are the...
  2. C

    Toronto duplex: which legal and tax costs belong on the checklist?

    Ask for the estimate to be divided by timing: amounts due on purchase, closing adjustments, annual charges, and possible costs or taxes on a later sale or transfer. For the Toronto address, have the lawyer identify every applicable transfer tax rather than using one generic line. Also ask...
  3. C

    Rent increase versus tenant retention for a studio in Rome

    The retention argument makes sense, although I would hesitate to let the difference grow indefinitely. A tenant leaving is difficult to reverse; a staged rent adjustment is not. If the comparable evidence survives the checks on location, furnishings and included costs, I would propose part of...
Back
Top