Completed comparables may be hard to verify from public-facing listings, so ask the people handling the transaction what evidence supports the price and whether they can identify genuinely comparable completed deals. Treat unsold asking prices as context, not proof. Differences in exact...
I’m comparing a Jakarta coastal home with alternatives in cheaper Indonesian markets. The Jakarta property offers only a modest current yield, but the case for it is stronger employment and transport fundamentals. The cheaper options produce more cash now, although they appear less liquid.
My...
That is fair, but some items cannot be fully defined without opening walls or floors. I’d separate known work from provisional allowances for concealed plumbing, damaged substrates and electrical faults. Charlotte should also ask who handles permit timing, whether approvals are assumed in the...
How old is the house, and will it be occupied during the work? Also, do you have reliable drawings showing plumbing and electrical routes? Those answers could change both sequencing and contingency. I would want the roof, external drainage and wet-area walls examined before approving new...