Recent content by anchor.awake

  1. A

    Second opinion on a 2.75% 30-year fixed mortgage quote in Finland

    One caveat to my earlier comment: don’t assume refinancing will necessarily be cheap or available on better terms. A spreadsheet showing savings from switching later should also include a scenario where rates are worse and you simply keep this mortgage. That is where the value of a 30-year fix...
  2. A

    Second opinion on a 2.75% 30-year fixed mortgage quote in Finland

    Make sure “fixed for 30 years” really covers the full loan term and that each lender is using the same amortisation schedule. Two offers at similar rates can produce different monthly payments or remaining balances. I’d also ask each lender for the exact cost if you repay after five or ten...
  3. A

    Offering 9% below asking on student housing in Warsaw

    I disagree slightly on leading with possible repair credits. If the opening price already reflects visible updating, asking for another reduction for those same items later can look like double counting. Reserve credits or a further adjustment for material defects that were not reasonably...
  4. A

    Warsaw 2-bed duplex: do these rental numbers hold up?

    I’m assessing a 2-bed duplex in Warsaw at PLN 790,000. Expected rent is PLN 5,240/month, which gives a headline gross yield of roughly 8.0%. The building appears sound, but I’m concerned that its reserves—or insufficient reserves—could materially change the economics. My conservative model...
  5. A

    Closing a large rent gap without losing a reliable Warsaw tenant

    cpeterson’s questions are the key next step. Confirm the comparable evidence, the renewal date and whether the tenant intends to stay. Then put actual figures beside each option: continued discount, likely vacancy time, preparation costs and the risk of a less dependable replacement. Keep the...
  6. A

    Warsaw investor looking beyond advertised prices

    I’d organise your reading into four folders: completed-price discussions, mortgage comparisons, renovation examples and legal checklists. Keep the legal material specific to Poland and current, because cross-country comparisons are least transferable there. For renovation posts, focus on scope...
  7. A

    Warsaw first-time buyer: is PLN 79,000 enough cash after closing?

    I slightly disagree that all furniture should come last. Beds, basic lighting or window coverings may be essential depending on what stays with the property. The distinction I’d use is move-in furniture versus furnishing five bedrooms to the desired standard. The latter can wait for months...
  8. A

    Closing a large rent gap without losing a reliable Warsaw tenant

    I’d avoid jumping straight to PLN 23,490. A staged increase gives the tenant time to plan and preserves some of the value of their payment and maintenance history. Before proposing it, calculate what one vacancy period plus turnover work would cost. That tells you how much discount is actually...
  9. A

    Is PLN 3,338,000 defensible for a 75 m² Warsaw townhouse?

    Before debating the purchase valuation, what monthly rent do you realistically expect? You need that alongside service charges, insurance, maintenance, vacancy, management if applicable, financing and initial works. A property can be fairly priced for an owner-occupier and still make little...
  10. A

    Sanity check: PLN 3,516,000 for a 225 m² serviced apartment in Warsaw

    I’d give the asking comparables a little more weight than that—not as evidence of achieved value, but as a picture of the current competition. Still, they need to be genuinely comparable in micro-location and operating setup. I’d build a simple table separating floor area, condition, lease...
  11. A

    Warsaw 4-bed country home: does PLN 7,962 monthly rent justify PLN 1,975,000?

    My next steps would be: confirm achievable rent, identify exactly which recurring costs remain with the owner, obtain the insurance figure, verify property tax locally, and price management plus tenant turnover. Then model vacancy and a large repair separately. Only after that would I set a...
  12. A

    Comparing agent fees for a PLN 2,884,000 Warsaw retail unit

    I would not give recent comparable sales too much weight on their own. An agent can produce a list without showing how relevant those properties are to your unit. Ask why each comparison is similar, what adjustments they would make, how long their examples took to progress, and what the agent...
  13. A

    Warsaw detached homes: market shift or a condition-driven split?

    Withdrawn stock matters here. A house can vanish because it sold, but also because the seller paused or relisted it. Without separating those outcomes, “goes quickly” could overstate the strength of the renovated group and understate how much stale supply exists.
  14. A

    Warsaw one-bed listings: what explains the gap between fast sales and stale stock?

    The useful comparison is probably within the same micro-area and building type: similar floor, lift or no lift, outdoor space, parking, condition and monthly ownership costs. Then note how long sellers wait before reducing. If cuts repeatedly happen only after several weeks, 35 days may reflect...
  15. A

    Mortgage quote in Poland: 6.13% fixed for 3 years - am I overthinking this?

    The biggest risk in your post is the refinance assumption. I’d run at least three month-37 payment scenarios: the rate stays similar, it falls, and it rises enough to be uncomfortable. You don’t need to predict the correct rate; the point is to see whether the purchase still works without a...
Back
Top