Recent content by alex.grove

  1. A

    Independent inspection for a new-build 3-bed duplex in Montreal?

    Is this a divided co-ownership duplex, and are the service charges connected to shared elements? That matters because drainage or exterior issues may involve common portions rather than only your unit. Also ask what access the inspector would actually get before completion. Finished walls limit...
  2. A

    Offering 2% below asking on a Montreal warehouse — sensible or too aggressive?

    I disagree slightly with the idea that the main concern is offending the seller. The bigger danger is that 2% below could still be too high if the asking price is optimistic. Submit the amount you can defend to yourself. If an appraisal comes in lower, know in advance whether you can cover any...
  3. A

    Toronto townhouses: is 84 days meaningful or a live-listing distortion?

    I’m looking at Toronto townhouses listed between C$831,600 and C$1,247,000. Among the listings still online, the apparent time needed to find a buyer is about 84 days. Several of the longest-running examples seem to have insurance-related complications. Should I treat 84 days as a useful...
Back
Top