I wouldn’t put the whole gap down to local supply. Seller motivation, property condition and buyer financing can separate two apparently comparable listings very quickly. Withdrawn stock matters too: if an overpriced property disappears rather than recording a price cut, the remaining active...
One more contractor question: who pays when an inspection reveals work outside the stated scope, and how is a variation approved? Require a price and time effect before extra work starts, except for genuine urgent isolation of water or electricity.
I’d obtain two versions of the programme and...
Your theory is plausible, but 102 days of listing visibility does not necessarily equal 102 days with a motivated seller. Some properties may have been withdrawn, relisted or left at an aspirational price.
I’d start with completed sales in each building or its closest comparable buildings...
A single March 2025 headline would be convenient, but I am not convinced these Austin apartment figures are comparable yet. The working numbers are 88 days on market, a 6.2% decline in asking prices and apparent financing sensitivity near $930,000.
Before publishing, I would like to separate...
Buyer financing could widen the gap as well. A renovated property may present a simpler total budget, whereas a cheaper property needing work requires the buyer to retain funds beyond the purchase price. That doesn’t rule out regulation, but it means the negotiated discount cannot automatically...