Build three simple scenarios: retain at the current rent, retain after a negotiated increase, or relet near the supported market figure. For the last one deduct vacancy, preparation, marketing or management and remote travel. Comparing the first year of each option is more useful than comparing...
The replies have exposed the gap in my calculation: I treated THB 1,116,000 as one general buffer. I haven’t yet separated the service-charge timing, first mortgage payment or insurance excess. I’ll get those figures, moving quotes and the inspection findings before deciding what amount is...
If I get the cash allocation wrong, a routine repair could leave me short for the mortgage rather than merely delaying a purchase such as a dining table. That is why I am considering staying below my maximum budget.
The property is a three-bedroom country home in Bangkok priced at about THB...
I’d be more cautious about calling the financing “clean” until you know how an appraisal shortfall would be handled. Proof that funds or financing are available is useful, but it is not the same as agreeing to cover any gap.
Also ask why the earlier deal collapsed; that could materially change...