I would prefer to proceed with the Lagos purchase, but only if it works without depending on a future refinance. The price is NGN 1,938,000,000 and the offered mortgage rate is 4.51%. Waiting might produce cheaper borrowing, yet it could also mean facing more competition if demand strengthens.
Rather than trying to time both markets, I want to test the loan in a calmer order: current monthly cost, a higher-rate scenario, any reset, and the cost of holding or reselling. I also need to include arrangement fees and check whether early repayment would make refinancing expensive. Which assumptions would you stress first, and how much weight would you give to the possibility of lower rates later?
Rather than trying to time both markets, I want to test the loan in a calmer order: current monthly cost, a higher-rate scenario, any reset, and the cost of holding or reselling. I also need to include arrangement fees and check whether early repayment would make refinancing expensive. Which assumptions would you stress first, and how much weight would you give to the possibility of lower rates later?