We need to decide soon whether to proceed with the duplex, and the trade-off is having the home now versus keeping more cash untouched. Once the deposit and estimated closing costs are paid, about COP 135,300,000 should remain.
The monthly loan amount looks manageable, but that does not answer how much of the balance is genuinely spare. We still need to allow for moving, the initial mortgage instalment and any urgent defects identified during inspection; furniture could be postponed. I also want to check service charges and the insurance excess rather than assume the closing estimate captures everything.
Would you wait if the inspection reveals several near-term repairs, but proceed if the major items are sound and a separate emergency reserve survives those allocations? What else should be confirmed before the deadline?
The monthly loan amount looks manageable, but that does not answer how much of the balance is genuinely spare. We still need to allow for moving, the initial mortgage instalment and any urgent defects identified during inspection; furniture could be postponed. I also want to check service charges and the insurance excess rather than assume the closing estimate captures everything.
Would you wait if the inspection reveals several near-term repairs, but proceed if the major items are sound and a separate emergency reserve survives those allocations? What else should be confirmed before the deadline?