Another offer may need to be submitted quickly, and that is exactly when I do not want competition to push us into accepting an unknown repair bill. We have already lost two older Montreal townhouses to less conditional bids, but removing inspection protection on a C$1,492,000 purchase seems disproportionate.
I am also questioning the assumption that the only choices are a full standard condition or no inspection at all. Could we arrange meaningful access before offering, then use a short but broad inspection condition if that is not possible? A structural-only clause worries me because it could leave plumbing, electrical, roof and moisture findings outside the decision.
The property looks reasonably maintained, though its age and possible period of vacancy remain concerns. I would only consider a reduced condition after confirming the vacancy history, insurance implications and enough available cash for moving, the excess and urgent findings.
I am also questioning the assumption that the only choices are a full standard condition or no inspection at all. Could we arrange meaningful access before offering, then use a short but broad inspection condition if that is not possible? A structural-only clause worries me because it could leave plumbing, electrical, roof and moisture findings outside the decision.
The property looks reasonably maintained, though its age and possible period of vacancy remain concerns. I would only consider a reduced condition after confirming the vacancy history, insurance implications and enough available cash for moving, the excess and urgent findings.