Chasing C$13,450 could trigger an expensive turnover, while leaving C$12,300 unchanged may ignore a genuine market gap. Neither choice makes sense until the amounts, lease periods and comparables are confirmed. I would also review the maintenance record before discussing an increase, then follow...
I want to keep enough cash after purchase that an early repair does not become a crisis. The difficulty is deciding whether C$48,600 provides that margin on a Montreal 1-bed villa priced around C$1,836,000.
That figure is what I expect to retain once the deposit and estimated closing expenses...
Good points. The C$47,250 is after the deposit and my current estimate of closing costs, but I have not separately allowed for every possible service charge, the insurance excess or the payment timing. I also need to model the monthly position more carefully rather than relying on the remaining...
C$47,250 sounds like a reasonable cushion on paper, but I am concerned about how quickly several first-year costs could arrive together. That is what I expect to retain after the deposit and estimated closing expenses on a roughly C$641,200, 2-bed Montreal duplex.
My first priority would be...
The surprising part was not the apparent +3.2% movement but that the Montreal units still showed a median marketing period near 76 days. That made me question whether the price change says much about demand at all.
The advertised range is C$243,000 to C$364,500, with enough variation in...
Raise the rent toward C$9,302 and I may lose a reliable tenant; leave it near C$7,931 and the gap may keep widening. Neither option feels particularly sensible for this Montreal duplex, especially as the tenant pays consistently and looks after the place.
A moderate increase seems more...