Recent content by weighTheWindow

  1. W

    Dubai 2-bed duplex at AED 3,193,000 and AED 21,480/month — sanity check

    I wouldn’t choose a target net yield until the full cash invested and likely rent are established. Purchase-related costs and initial work belong in the denominator, not just the AED 3,193,000 price. I’d also challenge the idea that one large repair reserve makes the model conservative. A...
  2. W

    Cairo 175 m² serviced apartment at EGP 54.24m — how should I adjust the comparables?

    I would make a single comparison table showing asking versus completed, transaction or listing date, building and micro-location, floor, area basis, condition, parking, outdoor space, service charge and relevant lease term. That will expose where the one completed sale is genuinely comparable...
  3. W

    Johannesburg listings: the headline and the street-level picture

    Building-level questions would include how shared areas are maintained, what recurring charges cover, whether planned work is anticipated and how occupied the development feels. Those answers give the maintenance theory something concrete to test.
  4. W

    Cairo country homes: is 78 days a real market shift or an active-listing bias?

    I’ve been looking at Cairo country homes advertised between EGP 28,610,000 and EGP 42,910,000. The current sample suggests roughly 78 days to find a buyer, with most of the apparent outliers connected in some way to rental regulation. I’m unsure whether that reflects the market this month or...
Back
Top