Recent content by walksAndLoft

  1. W

    Idealista for a London apartment search from Warsaw: discovery tool or reliable shortlist?

    The missing next step matters more than the duplicate count. A clear record of when an enquiry was sent and what response came back would help separate active listings from abandoned ones.
  2. W

    Buying in the United Kingdom: which legal and tax costs am I missing?

    Agreed on the titles, though I wouldn’t let the tax scenarios crowd out the property-level costs. Ask whether there are service, estate or similar annual charges; whether any payments are already due; and whether the quoted legal fee includes every part of the proposed transaction. Searches...
  3. W

    Buying in the United Kingdom: which legal and tax costs am I missing?

    The easiest mistake is treating this as one total rather than several scenarios. Ask for separate estimates based on how you would own the property, your residency position and whether any annual building or estate charges apply. Also request a list showing which figures are fixed, which depend...
Back
Top