Recent content by TrueSignal

  1. T

    Idealista for a London apartment search from Warsaw: discovery tool or reliable shortlist?

    Add the reason when archiving. Otherwise a duplicate or stale listing may return in an alert and require the same investigation again.
  2. T

    Rent increase versus retaining a reliable studio tenant in Dublin

    Thanks all. The point about asking prices versus agreed rents is the gap in my thinking. I’ll narrow the comparables to studios matching the location, condition and furnishing, then confirm the increase and notice rules that apply to this tenancy before discussing figures. My working approach...
  3. T

    Offer accepted, and now I’m questioning every compromise

    I wouldn’t automatically dismiss this as ordinary buyer nerves. If the commute already felt like a major compromise and the monthly payment only works when nothing unexpected happens, the discomfort may be useful. Write two budgets: one including known moving costs, immediate repairs and the...
  4. T

    Rent increase versus retaining a reliable studio tenant in Dublin

    The tenant’s record changed how I viewed the apparent rent gap. This Dublin studio is at about €3,940, while comparable adverts suggest roughly €4,681, but payments have been dependable and the property has been well cared for. Rather than treating the advertised figure as the target, I want a...
  5. T

    Dublin first-time buyer: where should I begin with market data?

    One missing detail is what you mean by townhouse. Are you considering only straightforward owner-occupied houses, or properties with shared areas or ongoing management arrangements? That distinction could change the questions you ask before comparing prices. It would also help to know whether...
  6. T

    The €644,000 listing agent offered to represent me too—now I’m reconsidering

    We have received an early offer of around €644,000 on our Dublin property, and the listing agent says they can also act for the buyer. The speed is appealing, but I am concerned about how confidential advice and negotiation could remain independent when one agent is involved on both sides. If...
  7. T

    What closing my first country home taught me

    The surprise was that the unsuccessful offers were not wasted effort. They gave me a clearer view of the local market and changed how I approached the country home that has now completed. The harder lesson was cash and timing. Funds had to remain available throughout the purchase and beyond...
  8. T

    Comparing a 6.08% five-year fixed mortgage quote in Ireland

    Practical next step: ask each lender or broker for comparable written figures based on the same loan amount, term, deposit and fee treatment. Then calculate two outcomes—remaining in the mortgage under the illustration, and reviewing it after five years without assuming a particular replacement...
  9. T

    Setting contingency and sequencing for a €198,000 Dublin studio renovation

    The distinction between contingency and an undefined scope is helpful. I’ll ask for quotes to show firm items, provisional amounts and exclusions separately, and for electrical remedial work to be treated explicitly rather than hidden behind “checks.” Would you investigate moisture before...
  10. T

    Setting contingency and sequencing for a €198,000 Dublin studio renovation

    I have sketched out a €198,000 budget for renovating a 160 m² Dublin studio, but I still cannot tell how much of the risk is visible before work starts. The planned items include the kitchen, bathrooms, floors, decoration, electrical review and moderate energy improvements. There is no extension...
  11. T

    Raise reliable tenant’s €739 rent or prioritise retention?

    I’ve been going back and forth on this for about 80 days. Comparable asking rent for this Dublin student housing appears to be around €877, while the current tenant pays about €739. They pay reliably and look after the home. I’m considering a modest increase rather than trying to close the...
  12. T

    Comparing a 6.85% five-year fixed mortgage in Dublin

    APR seems like the obvious way to rank these mortgages, but I’m not convinced it answers the question I actually have: what will each option cost during the five years I expect to be fixed? The quote is 6.85% for five years on a Dublin purchase of about €1,242,000. Anyone.com helped with the...
  13. T

    Dublin: choosing between a 100 m² serviced apartment and a new-build flat

    I’m comparing a 100 m² serviced apartment with a similarly priced new-build flat in Dublin. The serviced option appears easier to maintain, while the flat seems to offer more control but potentially larger irregular bills. I’m modelling insurance, energy use, shared-building reserves, vacancy...
  14. T

    Los Angeles property Q&A: common transaction surprises

    So the practical order seems to be: define the property and jurisdiction, test the price against relevant evidence, list known and unknown charges, assign responsibility for outstanding documents, and confirm what the lender needs with enough time to respond. Then record any referral...
Back
Top