Recent content by teaAndTimber

  1. T

    Valuation check: 180 m² villa in Zurich, asking CHF 1,135,000

    The 180 m² figure is the condition I would resolve first. For example, if it includes a basement that the comparable sale excluded, a simple price-per-square-metre adjustment will mislead even before condition is considered. I’d request the floor plan and area calculation, then confirm tenure...
  2. T

    Birmingham mixed-use listings around £936,000: condition or something else?

    I’d build two timelines rather than one: days until a price cut, and days until the listing disappears. Add a reason where it can be established—completed, withdrawn or relisted—without assuming disappearance means sale. That should reveal whether condition affects buyer response, while the cut...
  3. T

    Another property investor following the Milan market

    Starting with broad Italian market figures feels too vague, while jumping straight into individual country homes leaves too many costs untested. Hello from Milan. I invest in property and am currently researching rural homes, purchase expenses and the difference between advertised figures and...
  4. T

    Sanity check: €147,500 renovation budget for a 90 m² studio in Rome

    I’d request an exclusions schedule in plain language. Typical questions for this project: who pays for debris handling and difficult access, protection of common areas, temporary disconnection, making good after service routes, final testing, and extra visits caused by delayed materials? Not all...
  5. T

    Serviced apartment or duplex in Milan: what costs appear after year one?

    That exposes a weakness in my comparison. I’ve been treating the duplex layout as if it automatically meant greater independence, without separating the physical layout from the ownership and building arrangements. I also need the serviced apartment’s full management terms rather than relying on...
  6. T

    Serviced apartment or duplex in Milan: what costs appear after year one?

    I’m comparing a 195 m² serviced apartment with a similarly priced duplex in Milan. The serviced option appears easier to maintain, while the duplex seems to offer more control but potentially larger irregular bills. I’m already allowing for insurance, energy use, shared-building reserves and...
  7. T

    Bangkok condo purchase: which legal and tax costs are easiest to miss?

    You want figures that match your actual plans, but the advisers cannot provide that without a defined scenario. Send them the proposed ownership method, residency position and likely holding period, and request answers based on those facts. If the arrangement is already settled, check every...
  8. T

    Need a gut check: what changed in Berlin this month? My sample is at 69 days?

    Sixty-nine days does not necessarily mean demand has weakened. The immediate concern is that the sample may combine serviced apartments with very different condition, location and buyer requirements. A finished unit and one needing substantial work can face different financing constraints even...
  9. T

    Offering 6% below asking on a Milan townhouse — sensible or too aggressive?

    €467,000 is defensible as an opening, but 10 days is still early and the seller may simply reject it. Keep the explanation short: updating costs, limited evidence from completed comparables, and your ability to provide financing proof and accommodate their timing. Don’t send a long list...
Back
Top