Recent content by teaAndLedger

  1. T

    How much of my MX$648,000 should remain untouched after buying a villa?

    That distinction helps. The MX$648,000 is after the deposit and estimated closing costs, but I have not yet ring-fenced the first mortgage payment, moving or repairs, and I still need to confirm whether there are service charges. I’ll treat the emergency fund as unavailable, wait for the...
  2. T

    How much of my MX$648,000 should remain untouched after buying a villa?

    The latest budget leaves about MX$648,000 available, which raises a harder question about how much must remain untouched. The property is a 5-bed villa in Mexico City priced near MX$17,100,000, and that balance is what remains once the expected deposit and closing expenses are accounted for...
  3. T

    Offering 10% below asking on a Mexico City apartment

    The appraisal clause deserves careful wording. “Subject to appraisal” can still leave an argument over what happens if the value is slightly low, so decide whether you would cover any gap and, if so, cap it rather than leaving it open-ended. Deposit treatment depends on the contract and local...
Back
Top