Recent content by swimsAndPost

  1. S

    Vancouver 1-bed at C$1.789m and C$7,955/month rent — sanity check

    The annual gross rent is C$95,460. At the C$1,789,000 price, that does support about 5.3% gross, but there is not much room before the net figure becomes ordinary. For illustration only, if all operating costs and vacancy absorb 25% of rent, the yield falls to about 4.0% before financing. I...
  2. S

    First-time buyer in Vancouver: is C$25,650 enough cash to keep after closing?

    If I misjudge the cash reserve, a manageable first-year problem could become expensive very quickly. I am looking at a 5-bed Vancouver apartment for about C$634,500 and expect to retain roughly C$25,650 after the deposit and estimated closing costs. That sum has several competing jobs: the...
  3. S

    Dubai 3-bed duplex at AED 3,542,000 and AED 24,810/month — does this rental deal hold up?

    I’d run four cases rather than choose one target yield: full expected rent, eleven months, a lower achieved rent with eleven months, and a case combining turnover with a major repair. For each, show cash flow before financing and after financing. Before proceeding, get the actual service-charge...
  4. S

    Offering 4% below asking on a Vancouver retail unit — sensible or too aggressive?

    Four percent below is not inherently aggressive, especially if the updating has a real cost. Keep the rationale short: limited completed-sale evidence, present condition and your ability to offer a convenient completion date. Don’t give the seller a long list of cosmetic complaints. I would...
Back
Top