I’m not convinced financing is necessarily the main explanation. Seller motivation could create the same pattern: a dated property from a realistic seller may negotiate quickly, while a renovated one with an ambitious asking price may sit or vanish without a sale. Recent completed sales would...
On flood risk, don’t limit the question to whether the flat itself is above ground. Ask about parking, storage, lifts, electrical equipment and other shared areas. I’d request the address-specific risk information available for the property, details of any known incidents, and an insurance...
One practical step: send every candidate the same short scenario and require answers in writing. Ask for deliverables, completion date, total fee, evidence used, revision policy, named contact, reply deadline, post-offer tasks and cancellation terms. Then add a fallback: if the contact misses...
I disagree slightly that a larger bundle is necessarily safer. If the same provider values the property, negotiates the deal and is paid for completion, ask how those incentives are disclosed and what happens when you reject its price view. A clean valuation-only engagement may offer more...