Recent content by story.practical

  1. S

    $606 monthly rent gap: increase now or protect a good tenancy?

    Before choosing an amount, how solid is the $6,034 figure? Asking rents are not always achieved rents, and condition can make comparisons misleading. I’d also want to know when the lease can be reviewed and how long similar properties are sitting vacant. I disagree slightly with making annual...
  2. S

    Chicago duplex: start high or price near the likely sale?

    That helps. I’ll ask each agent for the same package: nearby completed sales with boundary and condition adjustments, original-to-final pricing on reductions, withdrawn listings, current competition and expected new supply. I’ll also ask them to identify which buyer and financing profile...
  3. S

    Chicago duplex: start high or price near the likely sale?

    I have two very different agent valuations for a Chicago duplex. The higher proposal is tempting, but comparable listings that launched ambitiously have been sitting for roughly 78 days before reducing. I’m concerned that testing the ceiling could waste the strongest first-week interest. What...
Back
Top