Recent content by stone.brisk

  1. S

    Buying in Japan: which legal and tax costs are easiest to miss at ¥208,100,000?

    Ownership structure and residency are both still undecided, so that explains why the early numbers feel incomplete. I’ll ask for parallel estimates rather than letting one unstated scenario drive the total. Separating land, building and the mixed uses is also a useful addition. I’m going to...
  2. S

    Buying in Japan: which legal and tax costs are easiest to miss at ¥208,100,000?

    Choosing the wrong ownership structure now could create costs that are difficult to unwind after purchase. I’m reviewing a Tokyo mixed-use building at about ¥208,100,000 and need a written breakdown covering transfer tax, registration, legal or notary charges and recurring property costs. The...
  3. S

    Rent increase versus retaining a reliable tenant in London

    I’m reviewing the rent on a detached home in London. Comparable asking rent appears to be around £1,051, while the current tenant pays about £985. They always pay on time, look after the property and report maintenance problems before they become expensive. The difference is only £66 a month...
Back
Top