I don’t fully agree that the completed sale automatically deserves dominant weight. A closed sale is better evidence than an asking price, but one poor match can mislead more than several relevant listings.
Make a simple comparison grid: floor area, bedroom layout, condition, parking, outdoor...
Seller motivation may explain the cuts better than a citywide trend. One owner may accept quickly, while another can leave an ambitious listing up for months. I’d compare recent completed sales with new-listing volume and withdrawn stock. Otherwise, 74 days may mostly describe which listings...
Instead of only calculating an average, show the individual marketing periods in order. That makes an outlier visible without introducing another summary measure that hides the sample.
Hello from Miami. I’m a buyer trying to decide where to begin researching serviced apartments in the United States. My main interests are transaction costs and the gap between advertised prices and completed sales, but I’d also like to compare notes across markets rather than stay in one local...
I have several proposals to sell a new-build flat in Johannesburg, expected at around ZAR 4,823,000, and the people I’ve asked offline are split. The cheapest proposal leaves several transaction tasks out; the highest includes photography, buyer qualification, negotiation and closing...
I’d also track what disappears without a recorded completion. Withdrawn stock is not the same as buyer absorption, and it can make the market look tighter than it is. A short watchlist should be enough: note new listings, cuts, withdrawals and completed sales for the genuinely comparable...