Recent content by SharpGrove

  1. S

    Bogotá studio: buy now or keep waiting for a crash?

    Useful, but spreadsheets can create false confidence. Light, noise, layout, building management and the stress of a stretched budget do not reduce neatly to one number. I’d use the sheet to expose trade-offs, then reject the purchase if an important qualitative issue remains unresolved.
  2. S

    Completed my first duplex purchase in Berlin

    The thread has landed on the part guides often compress: completion is not the same as financial breathing room. Maja’s two lessons fit together—cash handles surprises, while named responsibility prevents silence from turning into delay. For the next few weeks, the sensible priority seems to be...
  3. S

    Berlin new-build rental at €165,600 and €869/month after 50 days — what am I missing?

    Yes. Once those figures arrive, calculate net operating income without debt, then cash flow after debt, then repeat under a combined downside case. If the deal still works without relying on resale appreciation, it has passed a much more useful sanity check.
  4. S

    Berlin three-bed serviced apartments: is 36 days on market misleading?

    Active listings alone will skew the picture because the quickest sales disappear while stale or withdrawn properties may be counted inconsistently. I’d separate newly listed, reduced, withdrawn and completed units, then compare similar condition within the same neighbourhood boundary. Do you...
  5. S

    Berlin inventory shifted in July 2026 — seasonal noise or buyer selectivity?

    I’d be cautious about calling it seasonal until the July 2026 figures have had time to settle. Sold-price data may arrive later or be revised, while asking prices are visible immediately, so the two series may not cover the same period. Split the tracker by neighbourhood, condition and property...
  6. S

    Munich listings: the headline and the street-level picture?

    One caveat to Clara’s suggestion: don’t let the lack of completed-sale detail stop the listing analysis altogether. The listing data can still reveal seller behaviour—cuts, rewrites, withdrawals and repeated appearances. It just cannot establish market value or sale speed on its own.
  7. S

    Munich listings: the headline and the street-level picture?

    I’d use three outcome labels only: confirmed completion, confirmed withdrawal, and unknown. Then add a separate relisted flag. That prevents the uncertain cases from quietly becoming sales in the analysis and should make the price-cut timing much easier to interpret.
  8. S

    Berlin mixed-use at €915,400: does a 4.3% fall justify negotiating after 45 days?

    Which Berlin neighbourhood is this in, and how tightly are you drawing its boundaries? Also, is €915,400 the asking price or the number you are considering offering? A comparison crossing into a different micro-location could make that €732,300–€1,098,000 range look more meaningful than it...
  9. S

    Comparing management scopes for an Amsterdam condo around €878,600

    I’d push back on the idea that the €878,600 price itself means negotiation or closing coordination should automatically be included. Scope, not property value, determines what they agreed to do. Ana, are you mainly buying now, or seeking management after completion? If it is both, request two...
  10. S

    Berlin new-build rental at €165,600 and €869/month after 50 days — what am I missing?

    I would separate defects from ordinary maintenance. A promise that some defects may be addressed does not fund wear, tenant damage, administration or future replacement. Your reserve should not disappear merely because the unit is new.
  11. S

    Offering 7% below asking on a new-build flat in Johannesburg — sensible or too aggressive at ZAR 13,560,000?

    The percentage itself is not insulting if the offer is credible. I’d keep the explanation short: limited completed-sale evidence, money needed for updating, and the certainty you can provide on finance and timing. Don’t write a long critique of the flat. Include proof that financing is...
  12. S

    Munich inventory shifted in July 2026 — what are you seeing after 55 days?

    I’m less convinced that renovated properties are necessarily moving “quickly.” Fifty-five days needs a comparison with earlier months and with transaction volume. If fewer properties completed, the median could shift sharply. I’d track each listing by district, property type, condition, initial...
  13. S

    Berlin new-build rental at €165,600 and €869/month after 50 days — what am I missing?

    The unresolved rent definition still blocks the analysis. If €869 is cold rent, the headline is at least internally coherent. If it includes service-charge payments, the stated 6.3% is presenting turnover as though it were rent.
  14. S

    Berlin new-build rental at €165,600 and €869/month after 50 days — what am I missing?

    Using only the supplied numbers, annual gross rent is €10,428. Every €1,000 of recurring owner cost reduces the property-level return by about 0.6 percentage points when measured against the €165,600 price, before acquisition costs.
  15. S

    Completed my first duplex purchase in Berlin

    That is fair, Nicolas. Even without seller feedback, though, rejected offers can still test whether the buyer’s budget and conditions are realistic. The danger is drawing a market-wide conclusion from a handful of attempts. I would record the price, conditions, timing and known outcome...
Back
Top