I’m torn between making the strongest price case now and keeping the first offer simple enough to invite a counter. The Johannesburg new-build flat is listed at ZAR 13,560,000 and has been available for 27 days. An opening figure of ZAR 12,610,800 would be 7% lower, but the market evidence I...
Buying personally may keep the transaction simpler, while using an entity may suit longer-term ownership plans. Neither feels comfortable until I can see the acquisition costs and the later tax consequences side by side.
The property is a Cape Town retail unit at about ZAR 14,200,000. My...
Months of expenses are useful, but they do not fully cover the lumpy costs around completion. I’d use two layers: an emergency fund that is never part of the moving budget, plus a separate handover pot for moving, urgent inspection findings, service charges, the insurance excess and the first...
I’d also separate defects from upgrades. An inspection might identify something the developer agrees to correct, something you must repair yourself, or simply a finish you dislike. Those should not all come from the same assumed repair budget. Get the inspection findings in writing and compare...
I’m watching San Francisco villas priced from $640,000 to $960,000 and trying to decide whether the current spread represents opportunity or properties that are simply difficult to sell. The snapshot shows 11.0% movement and roughly 47 days on market, while negotiated discounts appear to change...