Recent content by selma.north

  1. S

    How should I divide a $38k post-closing buffer on a $495k country home?

    What does “country home” include here—large grounds, outbuildings, or simply a rural location? That could change the first-year budget considerably. Also confirm whether your closing estimate includes every prepaid item you expect and find out the actual due date of the first mortgage payment. A...
  2. S

    New York appraisal Q&A: low valuations, timing and report access

    Returning to document ownership: receiving a copy and having the right to reuse or distribute a report are not necessarily the same thing. Haruto should ask what access is available and what limits apply.
  3. S

    Denver four-bedroom condos: is 73 days real leverage or an active-listing illusion?

    That’s the weakness in my sample, Fatima: the 73 days comes from what remains online, not a matched set of completed deals. I also haven’t separated renovated units from those needing work. I’ll split the two neighbourhoods rather than rely on the advertised citywide category. Would you exclude...
  4. S

    Denver four-bedroom condos: is 73 days real leverage or an active-listing illusion?

    I’m looking at four-bedroom Denver condos between $748,000 and $1,122,000. The listings still online appear to be taking roughly 73 days to find a buyer, with several outliers that seem connected to transaction fees. I’m trying to decide whether that points to genuine negotiating room now or...
  5. S

    PropertyGuru review: searching for a New York retail unit from Melbourne

    Map-pin accuracy deserves a separate check for retail. A pin that is acceptable for browsing homes may be too vague when street position and the exact premises affect whether a unit is worth investigating. Comparing the written address, map pin and any location description can expose mismatches...
Back
Top