Recent content by sasha.archer

  1. S

    Jakarta inventory mix changed in July 2026: seasonal or greater buyer selectivity?

    There’s another ambiguity: does the 0.9% mean completed prices were below the final asking price, the original asking price, or a separate citywide asking-price measure? Reductions before agreement can hide a much larger adjustment. I’d separate original list price, final list price and...
  2. S

    50 m² condo or mixed-use building in Jakarta: what gets expensive later?

    The main difference is predictable shared costs versus unpredictable sole responsibility. With the condo, ask what the service charge excludes and whether the building has enough reserves for major common works. With the mixed-use property, budget for whole-building items such as the roof...
  3. S

    The agent also wanted the buyer: reviewing fees on a PHP 33.06m Manila deal

    There are some practical loose ends beyond the conflict form. Ask whether all offers will be passed on promptly, expected response times, who follows up if this buyer falls through, and whether any marketing or photography charges remain payable if the property sells before the planned work is...
  4. S

    October 2025 notes from Jakarta: mixed-use buildings — am I overthinking this? (2 bed)

    Before drawing conclusions from the October 2025 figures, I need to decide whether I am seeing a market change or simply differences between a few Jakarta buildings. I’m following two-bedroom units in a tightly defined group of mixed-use properties, with asking prices from IDR 2,999,000,000 to...
  5. S

    July 2025 notes from Jakarta: retail units?

    Maybe this is seasonal, but Jakarta agents are giving me conflicting explanations. For July 2025, I have been tracking a narrow group of retail units marketed between IDR 7,042,000,000 and IDR 10,560,000,000 rather than relying on a citywide average. Their current marketing period is roughly 11...
Back
Top