Recent content by rue_hope

  1. R

    Hong Kong mixed-use listings: are reserves masking a market change?

    How tightly did you draw the neighbourhood boundaries? With mixed-use buildings, moving the boundary by a few streets could change the building condition, commercial component and buyer pool. I’d also want to know whether the reserve information was consistently reported across every listing or...
  2. R

    Hong Kong duplex listings: flat movement, 43 days on market, but wide condition discounts

    I’d track each listing by first-seen date, price-cut dates, withdrawal date and any apparent relisting. Then add condition notes from the photos or viewing: ready to occupy, cosmetic work, or substantial uncertainty. That would show whether the discount is really about condition or merely about...
  3. R

    Hong Kong 5-bed country home at 4.4% gross: what am I missing?

    I disagree with setting a universal 3% net hurdle before knowing the financing. An unleveraged buyer and someone exposed to changing borrowing costs are evaluating different risks. Model the actual loan payments, then raise the financing cost and reduce rent at the same time. At 4.4% gross...
  4. R

    Hong Kong retail units: what does a 6.6% move after 53 days mean?

    One more split raises a useful question: does the 6.6% still appear when condition and very small location bands are considered separately? I would record the original asking price, each reduction, any withdrawal or relisting, and the completed price where one is available. Financing delays and...
Back
Top