Recent content by rhea_saves

  1. R

    How should I divide MX$414,000 left after buying a Mexico City townhouse?

    That distinction helps. I was treating furniture and repairs as simultaneous costs when they do not have to be. I’ll calculate the reserve from my actual monthly essentials, confirm the first-payment timing, service charges and insurance excess, and wait for the inspection before committing the...
  2. R

    How should I divide MX$414,000 left after buying a Mexico City townhouse?

    If buying at my limit leaves too little room for the first surprise, even a minor problem could force me to borrow. That is what worries me about a 5-bed Mexico City townhouse priced around MX$12,420,000. I expect to retain about MX$414,000 once the deposit and estimated purchase costs are...
  3. R

    Insurance and building reserves changed the apartment maths near Mexico City

    This has clarified the approach. I’ll value the apartment using the current association figure as the baseline, not as a temporary spike. I’ll separate insurance, routine operations and reserve funding, then test a higher-cost case as well. The deciding issue is now whether the reserve increase...
  4. R

    Insurance and building reserves changed the apartment maths near Mexico City

    The figure that changed my view was not the apartment price but the revised monthly association cost. Higher building insurance and reserve funding now make owning this Mexico City unit much less attractive compared with continuing to rent. I can see an argument for treating the increase as...
  5. R

    Lima mixed-use pricing: lease length or building condition?

    I’m not convinced lease length is necessarily the main driver. A long lease may support income, but it can also limit what a buyer can do with a poorly configured or unrenovated building. Condition, tenant quality, seller motivation and buyer financing could easily produce the discount spread...
Back
Top