Recent content by RealMoss

  1. R

    How far to raise rent on a reliable Cairo studio tenant?

    A reasonable sequence would be: verify comparable terms, confirm the contract and notice position, calculate turnover costs, then offer a measured increase in writing with base rent and service charges shown separately. You could also invite the tenant to respond by a set date without making the...
  2. R

    Lagos 1-bed at NGN 317.8m: does the rental return justify it?

    Before debating energy performance, I would get the actual recurring bills. A 5.4% gross return can be weakened by several unremarkable deductions rather than one obvious problem, so I do not think energy should dominate the decision. Request itemised recent building charges and confirm...
  3. R

    Cairo 3-bed listings: quick sales versus stale stock

    I wouldn’t put the gap mainly down to local supply yet. Seller motivation can explain why one listing is priced to move while another sits without a cut, and buyer financing can narrow the effective audience. I’d build a small table by neighbourhood: first-seen date, condition, payment terms...
  4. R

    Utrecht 4-bed townhouse, 65 m² — €151,800

    Is the property currently occupied, and is there any expected timing for availability? That affects how easily viewings can be arranged and whether the included-fixtures list can be checked against what visitors see.
  5. R

    Cairo student housing inventory changed in June 2026 — seasonal or greater buyer selectivity?

    That’s fair. The sensible sequence is citywide context, neighbourhood split, then matched-property analysis. If the conclusion disappears at any one of those stages, label June as mix or seasonal noise. If it survives all three and transaction volume supports it, buyer selectivity becomes the...
  6. R

    What the final week of buying my first detached home taught me

    That is fair. The list could be organised as “must happen before completion,” “can wait until after,” and “blocks the move.” I would add inspection findings to the last two groups. Not every defect needs urgent work, but buyers should know which findings affect safety or prevent normal use, then...
  7. R

    What should conveyancing actually cover on a Cairo multifamily purchase?

    The tenancy question and Kai’s distinction are the missing pieces. I’d request revised quotes using the same checklist, with each item marked included, excluded or handled by a third party. Add deadlines for acknowledging questions and returning draft comments, plus an escalation contact. For...
  8. R

    What the final week of buying my first detached home taught me

    Were the service charges known before completion, or was the problem simply having several costs land together? That distinction matters. A disclosed charge can be planned for; a vague allowance is harder. I would also separate the post-completion cash into moving costs, confirmed fees and a...
  9. R

    How far to raise rent on a reliable Cairo studio tenant?

    I would not jump straight to the asking figure. Asking rent is not necessarily achieved rent, and a reliable tenant has real value. First estimate the total cost of one turnover: empty time, maintenance, marketing and any work between tenants. A moderate increase that keeps this tenant may...
  10. R

    Cairo mortgage quote: comparing 3.63% fixed for 3 years after a 94-day process

    Thanks. I had been focusing too much on the headline rate. I’m going to put each offer into the same three-year table: upfront fees, monthly payments, planned overpayments and balance remaining at the end. I’ll add a second scenario with no overpayments and another where refinancing is not...
  11. R

    Villa versus townhouse in Cairo: the real ownership trade-offs?

    One complication is that the labels do not tell me who actually maintains what. I’m now asking for a written split covering the roof, exterior walls, garden, shared access and utilities. Would you also treat the development’s reserve position and past maintenance decisions as essential, or is...
  12. R

    Villa versus townhouse in Cairo: the real ownership trade-offs?

    I’m comparing a 200 m² villa with a similarly priced townhouse in Cairo. On paper the villa looks simpler to maintain, while the townhouse may offer more control in some areas but expose me to shared or irregular costs. My model includes insurance, energy use, resale liquidity, tenant demand...
  13. R

    Cairo mortgage quote: comparing 3.63% fixed for 3 years after a 94-day process

    The headline rate is not giving me a clean comparison. My concern is whether a large certain fee is worth paying for flexible overpayments that I may or may not use. After a 94-day process, I have a 3.63% three-year fixed quote for a Cairo purchase of about EGP 23,280,000. The fee and LTV band...
  14. R

    Cairo student housing inventory changed in June 2026 — seasonal or greater buyer selectivity?

    Another caveat: 5.7% may be a normal negotiation margin rather than evidence of a new shift. The useful comparison is the same calculation for earlier periods, using matched properties and the same treatment of price changes. Otherwise the precision of the percentage is misleading.
  15. R

    Cairo 175 m² serviced apartment at EGP 54.24m — how should I adjust the comparables?

    Cost to refurbish is useful, but I disagree that it should be the sole condition adjustment. Buyers can discount dated space by more than the works cost because of disruption, uncertainty and personal taste. I would compare the cost-based figure with the discount visible between renovated and...
Back
Top