I’m not convinced there must be one authoritative system for everything. The property record, contact details and signed documents may each belong in different systems. What matters is having one authoritative location for each type of information, with the other tools displaying it rather than...
Ask each agent to rewrite the proposal against the same list of tasks and state what is included, excluded or charged separately. For comparable sales, request examples genuinely similar in location, size and condition—not just nearby properties at a convenient price point. Also ask for the...
One caveat to the coastal-maintenance emphasis: if substantial exterior work sits with the building rather than the individual unit, the more immediate risk may be higher building charges rather than direct repair bills. Ask for a breakdown of what the owner must maintain.
Then build an annual...
I’d also ask about transaction volume and where the analyst enters the process. Supporting a few detailed acquisitions is a different workload from tracking many opportunities at an earlier stage.
Document versioning is where I’d run a deliberately messy test: upload a report, replace it, change the property status, then have another person open the record from a different tool. Can they identify the current version and still see the earlier history? If not, the integration is moving...
I’d examine non-recoverable shared-building costs. If this duplex forms part of a larger building, the total monthly contribution is less useful than the split between tenant-recoverable expenses, owner expenses and reserve contributions. Planned major works matter too.