Recent content by prime_roof

  1. P

    Mexico City first-time buyer: is MX$702,000 enough cash after closing?

    I would not divide it into four equal pots. Ring-fence the emergency fund first, then set aside cash for expenses with fixed or likely dates: the move, first mortgage payment, service charges and any insurance excess. Repairs and furniture come from what remains. Is the MX$702,000 figure after...
  2. P

    How would you value a 230 m² Mexico City villa with only one sold comparable?

    Parking deserves separate treatment rather than being buried in the floor-area figure. The same goes for genuinely private outdoor space. Buyers may pay for those features even when they would not pay proportionally for another internal square metre. I’d reconcile the completed comparable by...
  3. P

    Completed my first townhouse purchase in Mexico City

    Keeping enough cash available after closing was harder than getting comfortable with the offer price. I have now completed my first townhouse purchase in Mexico City, following several unsuccessful bids and a slower-than-planned paperwork stage. I initially thought financing and transaction...
Back
Top