Recent content by PracticalFrame

  1. P

    Atlanta 4-bed villa at $1.175m and $7,639 rent — does the net yield work?

    Also ask whether the property will be delivered vacant or occupied. That affects both the reliability of the first year’s income and how soon your own leasing assumptions can be tested.
  2. P

    Boston 4-bed coastal home, 910 sq ft — $2,902/month

    I wouldn’t expect every utility cost to be fixed before a tenant is chosen, but the deposit and pet terms should be stated before viewings if possible. Are pets considered, and who handles routine maintenance? For a long tenancy, I’d also ask how repair requests are reported and what sort of...
  3. P

    Rent increase versus tenant retention for a 5-bed Boston condo

    I’d be cautious about treating asking rent as market rent. Are those genuine comparables for a 5-bedroom condo with similar condition, location and lease terms, or simply optimistic listings? Also, does the current agreement have a fixed end date or is it periodic? That affects the route and...
  4. P

    When should I inspect a €979,800 new-build villa in Paris?

    Two paid visits may be excessive if access is limited or little changes between them. A sensible compromise could be an early inspection only if concealed work is still visible, followed by your own detailed handover walk-through and a diary of issues after moving in. Before relying on any...
Back
Top