I’d be cautious about dividing the sample too finely. New-build flats are already a narrower segment, and neighbourhood, price and flat-type splits could leave cells too small to interpret. Publish the broad figures with clear limitations first, then show only splits supported by enough...
For annual charges, request a sample calendar rather than one annual number: charge name, calculation basis, billing date, payer, and whether ownership for only part of a year changes the first bill.
Price-cut timing would add useful context. Did the -4.5% movement happen early, or only after most of the 118 days had passed? Also watch for withdrawals and fresh listings that may effectively be the same stock returning to market, because that can distort days-on-market comparisons.
NZ$1,881,000 is exactly the midpoint of your range, but that does not necessarily make it representative of the market. I’d separate completed sales, still-active listings and withdrawn stock. A 118-day figure based mainly on active listings can overemphasise the properties that have failed to sell.
For sold-price history, I’d build a simple sequence for each genuinely comparable unit: first advertised price, any reduction date, withdrawal or relisting, final completed price where available, condition, and tightly defined location. Don’t blend withdrawn listings into the sold group. If...
What exactly sits inside your “retail unit” group? Vacant and occupied premises can attract different buyers, as can two shops on opposite sides of a neighbourhood boundary. Floor area, frontage and maintenance needs could also make a narrow price band look more comparable than it really is...
Thanks all. The distinction between repeated adverts and genuinely separate units is helpful; I had been grouping visually similar listings too quickly. I’m going to keep REALTOR.ca as a discovery tool, then create a small shortlist and confirm availability, exact unit, floor area and location...
I’m based in Birmingham, UK, and used REALTOR.ca while looking for a serviced apartment around Sydney. Coverage was useful for discovering options, but duplicate listings, stale status and inconsistent floor-area entries made proper comparison difficult.
Sold-price history was the most valuable...