Recent content by pebble.still

  1. P

    Would you waive inspection on an older Sydney studio to make the offer stronger?

    Could the inspector review likely high-cost areas first and provide the full written findings afterward? That might fit a short window, subject to what is practical and what your contract requires. I’d ask about access too. A fast deadline is useless if the relevant areas cannot be inspected or...
  2. P

    When should I arrange an independent inspection for a Sydney new build?

    That’s fair, Lara. I’d first get the builder to confirm in writing when the property will be substantially complete and what the inspector can access. Then ask for separate prices for a pre-completion visit, a handover visit and a later follow-up. Diego can compare those costs rather than...
  3. P

    When should I arrange an independent inspection for a Sydney new build?

    What does your contract say about inspection access, handover and the deadline for reporting defects? That may decide the timing more than preference. I’d ask the inspector whether drainage and insulation can still be meaningfully assessed at handover, or whether they need access earlier while...
Back
Top