Recent content by orla_listings

  1. O

    Lisbon buyer learning the small multifamily market

    The local board is useful, but individual listings can create a distorted picture. I would first use it to identify recurring issues, then apply the same checklist to every candidate. Separate the purchase price, acquisition expenses, finance, renovation, vacancy and management. An occupied...
  2. O

    Another landlord following the Lisbon market

    I’d go further: don’t choose a dataset first. Define the exact property and timeline you want to assess, because broad Lisbon figures may not tell you much about a particular villa. Then build a repeatable checklist covering price evidence, renovation assumptions, management, financing...
  3. O

    November 2025: what do 73-day marketing periods mean for Manila detached homes?

    I’m also not convinced rental regulation is the main explanation here. It could matter to buyers weighing rental income, but detached homes in this bracket may be affected more directly by seller motivation and buyer financing. If price cuts tend to start around the same point in the marketing...
  4. O

    November 2025: what do 73-day marketing periods mean for Manila detached homes?

    On its own, 73 days sounds insufficient to call a market change. I’d first compare recent completed sales with current asking prices, then count listings that were withdrawn rather than sold. A stable advertised inventory can hide weak demand if sellers keep leaving the market.
  5. O

    Lisbon condos in June 2025: normal variation or an early market change?

    One addition to my table suggestion: don’t treat every withdrawal or relisting as proof of seller distress. It may indicate motivation, but it may also reflect a changed plan or marketing approach. I’d use those events as prompts to ask the agent what happened, then base any offer mainly on...
  6. O

    Lisbon condos in June 2025: normal variation or an early market change?

    I’d turn the saved list into a simple weekly table: neighbourhood boundary, condition, original and current asking price, first-seen date, cut date, withdrawn date and any confirmed completed sale. Keep transaction fees separate from the advertised price so you can compare both the property...
  7. O

    Country home or detached Dublin home: what costs appear after year one?

    I’d add a caveat on “more control” in Dublin: control over the house does not mean control over surrounding development, traffic or future buyer preferences. Conversely, rural independence can mean personally carrying costs that would otherwise be shared. I’d revisit both properties at different...
Back
Top